Tuesday 29 July 2014

Review - Dangerous by Shannon Hale



Title: Dangerous
Author: Shannon Hale
Pages: 417
Publisher: Bloomsbury Childrens
Release date: 10th April 2014

Blurb from Goodreads:

Maisie Danger Brown needs excitement. When she wins a harmless-sounding competition to go to astronaut boot camp, that’s exactly what she gets . . . But she never imagined it would feature stumbling into a terrifying plot that kills her friends and might just kill her too. Now there’s no going back. Maisie has to live by her middle name if she wants to survive and she’ll need to be equally courageous to untangle the romance in her life too.





My Review:

*I received a copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange foran honest review. Thanks to Bloomsbury Publishing Plc (UK & ANZ) and NetGalley*

1/5 stars (DNF)


DNF at 21%

Maisie Brown wants to be an astronaut so when she enters a sweepstakes to go to an astronaut boot camp she can't believe her luck. 
Things soon take a dark twist and Maisie will have to do everything she can to stay alive.


Unfortunately I couldn't get into this book - I just couldn't connect with the storyline and the romance annoyed me (how quickly it happened). 
One good thing about this book, I thought, was that the protagonist had a missing hand - a refreshing change.

Overall this wasn't for me.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment