Saturday 19 August 2017

Review - Anchor Leg by Jack Croxall




Title: Anchor Leg
Author: Jack Croxall
Pages: 194
Release date: 9th January 2017

Blurb from Goodreads: 

‘I toss my knife out into space. It doesn’t matter, I’ll kill him with my bare hands.’

Humanity has spilled out into the solar system, into a succession of giant space stations known as the Relay. Seren Temples is a security apprentice running the Relay’s Anchor Leg. Her ship forced off course, sensors detect an automated distress signal. The ship responsible for the signal is a zero-G graveyard. Inside its vast hold, nothing but a single vial of frozen blood.













My Review:




Seren Temples is a security apprentice aboard a spaceship.
Seren is running from her life on Earth and intends to get as far away from the planet as she can.
But the ship starts malfunctioning and the crew come across a damaged spacecraft with only a vial of blood in the hold.
Will Seren reach her destination?
Or will she die before she can get there?


Anchor Leg had everything I like in a sci-fi - action, intrigue, as well as interesting characters and science.
Seren was a good protagonist - she was determined and a hard worker. She certainly had her work cut out for her when everything started going wrong, but I thought that Seren coped as well as she could have given the situations.
The plot was action packed and interesting, grabbing my attention. I particularly liked the science which was very intriguing.
The writing style was easy to follow and engaging.


Overall this was an enjoyable read that I would recommend.  
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment