Friday 4 April 2014

Review - A Boat Made of Bone by Nicole Grotepas




Title: A Boat Made of Bone
Author: Nicole Grotepas
Pages: 387
Published: 13th January 2014

Blurb from Goodreads:

Kate Miller has been having recurring dreams about the same man... a dead man. Will Hawke, to be exact, a celebrity who died long before Kate had any reason to pay attention to celebrities.

Though the night-world she enjoys with Will is a siren song lulling her towards sleep, the intrigue of Kate's waking world goes up several notches when Ty Watts breezes into her life, a tall, dark stranger with looks that would set a thousand housewives free.

The problem: his smile hides a secret that could be dangerous.

Kate's dreams gnaw at the very idea of what is real. She must negotiate the knife-thin edge of reality vs. dreams, solve the mystery of her nightly rendezvous with Will, and either save him or lose herself forever in the seductively dangerous world he inhabits.


  



My Review:

*I received a copy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review. Thanks to Patchwork Press and Nicole Grotepas*


1/5 stars



DNF after 16%.



I put this down last night to go to bed and can't bring myself to read anymore.


I didn't like Kate all that much, the writing didn't grip me and I couldn't connect to the story. 


To be honest I found it all rather weird.



Unfortunately this was not for me.

No comments :

Post a Comment