Tuesday 7 August 2018

Interview - Kristy Brown Author of Summer's End



Today I'm hosting an interview with Kristy Brown, author of Summer's End and several other books.

Read on for the interview and for information of Kristy's latest book Summer's End.



When did you start writing?
It was pretty late, I was thirty and had just had my first child. KIERA'S QUEST, a four part teen fantasy series published with Muse it Up Publishing, was my first works. I'd write whilst my son napped, if I wasn't already exhausted!


What makes you want to write?
My imagination never stops, so I kind of have to get all my ideas out. Also, I love it.


Do you ever get writer's block and what do you do to get over it?
I do sometimes, but I think writer's block is more a fear of failure or time constraints etc. If I can't get started I usually re-edit what I've already written or daydream about my characters, often scenes appear. 


Do you have a special way of going about writing?
Yes, my kids must be at school, I need total silence.



Do you have any works in progress?
I've just finished the second book to SUMMER'S END, my YA Paranormal romance book, again with Muse IT Up. The second book's called SUMMER'S LOST and I'm starting the third and final one soon. I've also just self published a YA retelling of Cinderella, CINDERFELLA, which is dark, edgy and passionate, not for kids! Also on Amazon is JUST SAM, which is something new for me as it's a contemporary romance with no shape- shifters or witches to be seen! 



What are your hobbies? 
I'm lucky to have amazing friends and we visit the cinema as I love movies. I love reading, of course and being with my family. I also have a joint YouTube channel with a friend, TWO WORDY, where we discuss writing, books and films etc.



Who is your favourite character in Summer's End?
I love Summer but have a lot of time for no-nonsense Andie, her best friend. My heart has to be with Alex though as he appeared to me in a dream. I woke up and knew I had to write him.


What was your favourite part of writing Summer's End?
All of it. I couldn't write fast enough!


Are you planning to revisit any of the characters in Summer's End?
Yes, I haven't sent book two to my publisher yet, but yes, we will be finding out lots more about them all.


 
Quick-fire questions:

 Chocolate or ice cream? Chocolate all day long.
Paperback or ebook? Paperback.
Dogs or cats? Cats will rule the world someday.
Go out or stay in? Stay in with a good movie and chocolate.
Summer or winter? Summer.



Thanks for having me Jess!








Blurb from Goodreads:

She wakes up in hospital, badly burned with no memory.

He’s been trained to kill her before she burns the world to ashes.

When they finally meet, will he be able to take her life now that he’s started to feel for her?

His fate is already written.

The prophecy is already set…

Love between them is forbidden.


  

No comments :

Post a Comment