Monday 20 November 2017

Promo Post - Bad Bloods: November Rain by Shannon A. Thompson







Blurb from Clean Teen Publishing: 
 

The Young Elites meets Red Queen in this action-packed dystopian fantasy series that has readers calling it “addictive,” “masterful,” and “a story of murder, secrecy, and unlikely friendships.” 
 


Her very existence is a crime… Seventeen-year-old Serena isn't human. She’s a bad blood, and in the politically corrupt city of Vendona, bad bloods aren’t allowed to live. When Serena is aided in an escape moments before her execution, a revolution is sparked. While on the run, she’s forced to put her trust in a man she knows little about. 


Daniel will do anything to stop the twelve-year war that has killed so many of his own. When Serena falls into his life, he sees the opportunity to fight back and stop the eradication of all bad bloods. But there’s more to Serena than meets the eye. They share a connection to his tragic and mysterious past, and the two of them united together might just be Vendona’s only hope. 
 


United or not, a city will fight, rain will fall, and all will be threatened by star-crossed love and political corruption.
 
 
 


Buy Links:  
 
 











Excerpts from November Rain:


Excerpt 1:


“I’m here to say goodbye,” I blurted out, speaking over my deafening thoughts.
            He blinked, startled, and I knew I had yelled it at him, but his expression softened as he stepped closer to me. He took another step, and I couldn’t move. He even reached out and touched my hand, wrapping his fingers around the flower until it was in his grasp instead of mine. “You keep saying goodbye,” he said, “yet you keep coming back.” He tucked the white flower behind my ear.
            “I know.”
 
 
 
 
 
Excerpt 2:
 
“Let me help you—” I began, but she dodged to the left.
            I cut her off.
            She stepped forward, leaning too far to the right in a limp. “Get out of my way.”
            I didn’t respond. The police would catch her if she kept running, and I wouldn’t lose another blood to Vendona’s massacre.
            “I will kill you,” she promised, baring her teeth.
            “I know.”
            She paused at my words, and her hesitation was the only weapon I had.
            Before she could react, I stepped forward and raised my arm. When she ducked, I swung my leg out and my foot collided with her injured leg. She hit the pavement with her head.
            I cringed but bent down to haul her up. She was a rag doll in my arms—an angry rag doll—but a rag doll, nonetheless.
            She screamed as she reeled back to hit me, but I dragged her into Shadow Alley and pushed her against the bricks. “Shut up,” I ordered, kneeling down to put my lips near her ear, “and you might live through this.”
 
 
 






Author Bio:




Shannon A. Thompson is a young adult author, avid reader, and a habitual chatterbox. 

As a novelist, poet, and blogger, Thompson spends her free time writing and sharing ideas with her black cat, Bogart, named after her favorite actor, Humphrey Bogart. Her other two cats bring her coffee. Between writing and befriending cats, Thompson graduated from the University of Kansas with a bachelor’s degree in English with an emphasis on creative writing, and her work has appeared in numerous poetry collections and anthologies. Represented by Clean Teen Publishing, Thompson is the best-selling author of the Timely Death trilogy and the Bad Bloods series. When she is not writing, she is climbing rooftops, baking cookies, or watching KDramas in the middle of the night, often done with her cats by her side. 




Visit her blog for writers and readers at 
 





No comments :

Post a Comment