Tuesday 6 December 2016

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read For The First Time In 2016



Top Ten Tuesday is a feature created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.




This week the topic is...

Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read For The First Time In 2016




Here are my picks:


 1. Huntley Fitzpatrick

I read three of Huntley Fitzpatrick's books this year...




Out of these My Life Next Door was my favourite. 
I liked that family played an important role.




2. Kimberly Derting



 I'd been meaning to read The Body Finder for ages as I've heard loads of good things about the series.
I liked it but not as much as everyone else (which always seems to happen).




3. Alwyn Hamilton


I LOVED Rebel of the Sands. Can't wait for the sequel!



4. Alice Oseman


I really enjoyed Radio Silence. It was diverse and I liked that there was a character that didn't enjoy university - not everyone does!





5. Victoria/V.E. Schwab


 

 OMG. How did I only just read these books this year!?!?
Victoria is an amazing author. She's fast become one of my favourites and I was lucky enough to meet her and get my books signed at YALC.





6. Lauren James



The Next Together books were really clever and interesting.
I liked the time travel aspect and the characters.




7. Alexandra Bracken


I haven't read the Darkest Minds series but I tried Passenger and... it was okay. There were things I liked and things I didn't. I'm not bothered about reading the sequel.
  


8. Destiny Soria

Iron Cast was an enjoyable read.
I loved the idea of hemopaths and the historical setting as well as the strong friendship between the two main characters.




9. Nicola Yoon

I finally read Everything Everything.
I enjoyed it but again not as much as everyone else.
I liked that there illustrations included.




10. Krystal Sutherland


 Our Chemical Hearts was an emotional read with relatable characters and an enjoyable plot.
I would definitely read another book by Krystal Sutherland.




Who are your first time reads for this year?




No comments :

Post a Comment