Find the tour schedule here.
Title: Into the Dark
Publication date: August 18, 2015
Publisher: Month9Books, LLC.
Author: Caroline T. Patti
A girl’s sweet sixteen party is supposed to be among the most memorable events of her life. But on the night of hers, Mercy Clare wakes in the waiting room of a hospital with no memory of how she got there. To make matters worse, she’s wearing something she’d never be caught dead in: her best friend Lyla’s clothes.
Mercy’s nightmare is just beginning. The doctor arrives to tell her that it’s she who lies in the hospital bed waiting to die. A trip to the bathroom confirms Mercy’s fears, as Lyla’s face stares back at her and Lyla’s curvy figure pokes through her tight clothes.
But finding out what’s really going on won’t be easy. Because if Mercy wants her body back, it might just cost her Lyla’s life.
10. Tips for Becoming a Better Writer:
1. Write words every day. They don’t have to be great, or even good, just put words on paper.
2. Read. Read a lot. Read the good stuff, read the bad stuff. Take it all in, and learn from it what you can.
3. Know your market. Know what’s out there, what’s already been done, where the holes are, and what you can do to contribute.
4. Be comfortable. Comfy couch, plush chair, whatever you need to relax and let the words flow.
5. Be quiet. Give your mind time to develop and process ideas.
6. Learn to love revisions. They’re inevitable.
7. Learn to self-loathe just a little bit. It’s okay to hate your work from time to time. It’s okay to groan and feel frustrated and wanted to smack yourself upside the head each time your character exhales a breath they didn’t know they were holding. Just don’t let the self-loathing stop you. Let it propel you forward to greatness.
8. Let someone else read your work. Maybe it’s a friend, maybe it’s a writing group, maybe it’s an editor you hire. Regardless, though writing is solitary, crafting is not. Get some help.
9. You need good lighting. I don’t know anyone who can write in the dark.
About the Author
Caroline T Patti is the author of The World Spins Madly On and Too Late To Apologize. When she’s not writing, she’s a school librarian, mother of two, wife, avid reader and Green Bay Packer fan. You can chat with her on Twitter:@carepatti or find her onFacebook.
Connect with the Author: