Thursday 27 March 2014

Promo Post - Reveal by Brina Courtney


Title: Reveal (Cryptid Tales #1)
Author: Brina Courtney
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance

You think seeing ghosts is weird? Tell me something I don't know.
Shay Tafford's childhood has been fatherless, filled instead with memories of speaking to the
dead. She is forced to hide her unique ability from those living around her. That's why it's been comforting to have Jeremy, a child ghost, as her confidante. But recently he's been absent, perhaps lost as her father is. When Shay meets Hugh, the guy she's had a crush on for weeks, and finds he can speak to ghosts too, she's just starting to find a normalcy in her life.

But as Hugh reveals the truth to Shay, about who she really is and about what it is she can do, he erases all chances she had at a normal existence. Turns out talking to ghosts is just scratching the surface of her genetically engineered gifts. Shay learns she may be part of an age old prophecy that could save the entire race of cryptids. But can she?



Quotes
"So here I am with a dead girl in my car, in a super creepy forest, stalking a potentially dead father…yeah, not one of my brightest moments."
"She sighs, “Shay you can’t live your life in fear. If you do there’s just no point in living."
"He turns and leaves, heading towards the math building and though I hate to see him leave, I do love to watch him walk away."


About Brina Courtney

5295520

Brina Courtney is a young adult author obsessed with chocolate, crime shows, and fantasy movies. She's spent the last few years as an elementary teacher and a high school cheering coach. She lives in a small town in Pennsylvania with her husband and two very loud, small dogs.



Links








Why Sci-Fi Isn’t Just For Boys Anymore 


When I was young, Sci-Fi was targeted at young boys, not girls. We could certainly check a book out from the library but wouldn’t we rather read Judy Blume? And then Harry Potter and other fantasy books came out and changed the way we look at YA and MG books.

So when I decided to write a book and I told my husband I was going to write about genetic mutation he was all for it, but so was my best girl friend. Why? Because my main character is a kick butt, take names kind of girl. She’s different from other characters you’ve met because she’s a cryptid. Yes you can google it. Not only is she a cryptid but she’s also a parahuman. I can’t give you too much information because then you won’t need to read Reveal, but I’ll tell you this, there’s nothing quite like her.

Sci-Fi used to be all aliens and spaceships, but now it includes romance, teens trying to live normal lives and various species. There’s a hook for the ladies now too. Whether they’re looking for adventure, romance, or just a new experience Sci-Fi is now for everyone. It’s written more accessibly with words you can google, or just know from reading. We have a better understanding of what could happen, so it’s more believable too and with that more relatable.

So ladies your chance to read Sci-Fi is now. Take the opportunity, trust me, it’s worth it. 

No comments :

Post a Comment